Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back home in the U.S.A.!!

Our battalion got back on Tuesday, but Cami and the kids whisked me off to Lake Geneva for a couple days/nights together before coming home. Then, Thursday, I was absolutely overwhelmed with what awaited me. Cami didn't drive home, but to the edge of town, where the Patriot riders, Police & Fire department, Marengo Junior High, members and students of Zion Lutheran School were lined up for a parade. They put me and the kids on the back of a PT cruiser and drove through town to Zion's parking lot.

Here's the Northwest Herald article and some photos:
www.nwherald.com/articles/2008/10/31/news/local/doc490a91a9ce3ec156369668.txt
www.nwherald.com/multimedia/photos/20081030pastor/

Needless to say, I'm still reeling from the welcome home. I did tell everyone gathered, that they have set a pretty high bar for all future soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines or coastguardsmen that come back to Marengo. I couldn't help but remember all the veterans that served before me that had no reception, or even worse, were criticized or attacked for thier service. I thank every one of this nation's citizens that welcome home someone who has served, regardless of their opinions about the military or why the military is used.

Sitting in my own office today, typing this post, I thank God for all He has done to see us through this past year. I thank God for each of you also, who have been with me and my battalion with your care packages, letters, assistance to our families, and prayers. God bless you as much as He has blessed the 327th MP BN.

"Warrior Police...Making it Happen!"

In His Grip,
Pastor Ayers

No comments: